After getting her BS in math/science at Aquinas, she studied at Michigan State University in the field of interior design and later went on to publish multiple books on buying furniture and home furnishings, while raising two children. She even appeared as a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show in 1994. Kate worked in interior design for 20 years (and still does from time to time!) and is a great resource for renovating, decorating, and furniture shopping in addition to her real estate expertise.
Kate is an active member of the Birmingham/Bloomfield Hills community. She has spent time running an organization of women who did major fundraising for Oakland Family Services. She also enjoys golfing, playing bridge, and collecting chairs. She’s also a proud lovers of cats. Kate is married to Larry Gladchun, and they have two kids – Jeff, who is living in Ann Arbor, and Sara, who is living in Madrid, Spain.
Since joining the real estate world in 2007, Kate went from Rookie of the Year in 2008 and has remained a top producer ever since.
- President’s Circle Award for the highest success in listings, sales, and service: 2011-2015
- Leading Producer: 2012-2015
- Hour Magazine Real Estate All Star: 2014-2015
- Outstanding Professional Achievement Award: 2012-2014
- Council of Excellence Award (Units Sold): 2013
- 200 Million Dollar Club Award : 2013
- 100 Million Dollar Club Award: 2011
- 75 Million Dollar Club Award: 2010
- 61 Million Dollar Club Award: 2009