Important Tips for First Time Buyers
Buying a home for the first time can be daunting, but I’ve had plenty of experience with helping first time buyers find their new home. Check out some of my favorite tips for first time home buyers below!
Common First-Time Home Buyer Tips
1. Ask questions of your lender. Don’t miss out on the best deals. Such as:
- “what is my best down payment strategy?”
- “How can I maximize my current financial status?”
- “Does my payment include taxes, insurance?”
- “Can I pay these separately, does it make sense to pay these separately?”
2. Be ready to act quickly if necessary. It’s important to ask yourself some questions to be prepared, like:
- Do you have your pre-approval ready?
- Do you know that this is an affordable move for you?
- Do you know how the buying process works?
It’s also important to know your financial position, talk to a mortgage lender at the beginning of your search, and discuss the timing of when you would actually move.
3. Find the right agent who’s willing to help you through the home buying process.
4. Discuss options to make their offer look appealing to a seller. This can include dollar price, possession period, payments, and inspection results.
5. Discuss resale before making your offer. The average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years.
Source: Real Estate Checklists and Systems, www.realestatechecklists.com.
Looking for something?
"She has the perfect combination of patience with her buyers and sellers and aggression in the pursuit of finding you the best deal." - James G.
"I first met Kate when she brought buyers with an offer to our home the first day it went on the market! Kate so impressed me with her honesty and knowledge of the market and how she handled the entire transaction, that when it was time to sell my next home, I hired her. Just like before, she had it sold to the first people who walked in the door! Knowing we had to find our new home quickly, she again came through, finding us the home of our dreams within days and we have been here ever since. There are a lot of realtors out there but Kate is ahead of the pack. She comes well connected to the area socially and has the intellect, passion, integrity and drive to get things done the right way." - Stephenie V.
"Kate’s years of experience living and working in the Birmingham/Bloomfield community has given her deep knowledge of the local real estate market, information that is critical in helping clients make the right decisions." - Carolyn C.
"Kate stayed on top of all closing activity to help ensure there we no delays. I would definitely recommend that you work with Kate for selling your home." - Nancy K.